The basic function of Delivery Driver is to service customers by providing prompt, reliable and efficient delivery of products. As a driver, you are responsible for equipment, product and receipts collected.
Duties and responsibilities
- Combine various packages on pallets to be loaded on route trucks for delivery in a manner that makes unloading the easiest and most efficient.
- Load route trucks for delivery with all full and partial pallets of product.
- Call on each account as scheduled. (Notify your Supervisor in a timely manner of any accounts you are unable to service as scheduled.)
- Create, develop and maintain good will in every account.
- Rotate Anheuser-Busch products according to Anheuser-Busch and Konrad Beer Distributor policy.
- At each delivery all Anheuser-Busch products on the premises must be checked and rotated for proper rotation.
- It is your responsibility to get the freshest product to the consumer.
- Draft and package products, which are approaching shelf life, must be removed and placed in a retail account that can sell it through before its shelf life expires.
- Out of code product must be removed immediately and returned to Konrad Beer Distributor.
- Rotation problems must be addressed to the manager of the retail account, the sales department and Konrad Beer Distributor management.
- Fill, rotate and face all Anheuser-Busch – Konrad Beer Distributor displays.
- Ask retailers for floor displays, and additional product & draft distribution.
- Sort and pick up all empties.
- Honor all business commitments to your consumers.
- Show a professional, positive and mature attitude to our customers at all times.
- Report to work in a clean, neat and Konrad Beer Distributor approved uniform at your scheduled starting time.
- Check truckload to assure proper product and package count.
- Follow instructions on invoices.
- Follow correct checkpoint procedures.
- Drive your vehicle safely, courteously and obey all traffic regulations.
- Keep your vehicle cab and bays neat and clean at all times.
- Bay doors must be opened completely.
- Report any deficiencies, discrepancies, or damage to equipment, product, or property immediately to your supervisor.
- Report all vehicle damage and required maintenance on the proper forms to the shop and your supervisor.
- Complete all sales tickets, settlement sheets and related paperwork neatly and accurately.
- Stay on assigned routes unless you are authorized by management to deviate from the route.
- Communicate market changes to your supervisor.
- Follow correct check-in procedures.
- Settle up correctly at the end of the work assignment.
- If you are a driver/helper, you may not clock out until check-in procedures have been completed.
- Clean and repack broken cases of product when required.
- Attend all seminars and meetings scheduled by Konrad unless excused by management.
This list of duties is not all-inclusive and should not be interpreted to mean that you cannot be called upon to perform the duties of another job.
- Emphasizing Excellence
- Customer Service
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
- Class A Driver’s License (Clean Record)
- Forklift Certified